Unreal-Base
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Unreal-Base

A platform for all the unreal Freaks around

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Very cool video

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tox

Very cool video Empty
PostSubject: Very cool video   Very cool video EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 12:44 am

This isn't as funny as it is beautiful. Some of you might know I'm really into freediving and stuff like that, and a french world record holder in freediving is portraited in this very nice video. It's a 'base jump' under water, filmed at Dean's Blue Hole in Bahamas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQITWbAaDx0

( Make sure you watch it in HD. )

Another unbelievably cool video is this one, of William Trubridge who is also a world record holder in freediving. He dives through an underwater cave on just a breath.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrXQbucZUDA

Anyway, this is the reason why I spend every day in the ocean:P
Back to top Go down
Sin

Sin

Very cool video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very cool video   Very cool video EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 2:26 am

The first video scares me. The huge black hole he is "falling" into. No idea if there are sharks lurking in the deep or other, strange fish. Shocked

Then the pressure that must be very intense - how deep is that hole? 100 m? *shocked*
Back to top Go down
Tox

Very cool video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very cool video   Very cool video EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 10:35 am

The hole itself is 203 metres deep. It's like a giant flooded sinkhole so there are no sharks down there, just some strange (but harmless) fish. The video is made up from several clips, he doesn't actually dive to the bottom. Noone has gone beyond 125 metres self propelled yet. But both of the divers from the video has gone well beyond 100 m.
This guy was probably standing on a ledge 30-40 m down when we were supposed to think he hit bottom. There's an Austrian guy who made it to 214 m where he was attached to a big sled that pulled him both down and up again.

Yeah the pressure is extremely intense, but you slowly adapt your body to being underwater. And this is all these guys do every day of the year.

In the second video he's around 60 m down, and the cave is 30 m long.

Back to top Go down
Sin

Sin

Very cool video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very cool video   Very cool video EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 3:03 pm

So it is like a valley on the seafloor. I´m also scared of those oceanographic deeps (Tiefseegräben) you can find in front of China for example. You swim along with your boat and suddenly the floor falls down 11.000 metres deep. :/
No thank you! I hate lakes and the sea.

But is it good for the brain to stay as long under water as seen in that movie? It must be around 5 - 10 Minutes without breathing! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Tox

Very cool video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very cool video   Very cool video EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 3:48 pm

It kinda scares me too, but I'm also drawn to it. Actually I just got up from the water right now, although the danish oceans can't compete with Bahamas or similar. Laughing

The longest underwater swims are around 4-5 minutes, but the world record in static apnea(static breahthold) is 11.38 minutes. As long as you are conscious your brain doesn't lack oxygen, but there's a chance you might blackout which in itself is the bodies safety switch. If you don't wake up from the blackout, your heart will eventually stop and then it gets really dangerous, and the braincells starts to die fast. But the blackout is also a good thing, it's like a power switch that prevents you from drowning, you just have to make sure someone's there to get you out of the water.
So as long as you are awake it's ok, it's just a matter for the body to distrubute the blood to the right places.
Back to top Go down
gemuesehobel

gemuesehobel

Very cool video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very cool video   Very cool video EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:43 am

Holy fuck, that's some scary stuff...

I once hold my breath for some minutes, too. In my sleep. I nearly died. Was no fun.

I would never do anything even remotely comparable to this even if you paid me 1 million dollars...
Back to top Go down
http://tiptopserver.funpic.de/
Tox

Very cool video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very cool video   Very cool video EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 4:35 pm

Nearly dying ain't fun:(

But the key thing is, you just don't throw yourself at it. You are completely relaxed and totally in control when you do it, and then it's really comfortable.
In essence you shouldn't feel the need to breathe, that will automatically make it uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Very cool video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very cool video   Very cool video Empty

Back to top Go down

Very cool video
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unreal-Base :: Off-Topic :: Funny Stuff-
Jump to: